|ᴍᴀsᴏɴ ʀᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ (rejuvenation) wrote,|
@ 2030-08-16 17:18:00
FULL NAME: Mason Randall
AGE: 75, appears 20
DOB: August 16, 1941
PLACE OF BIRTH: Charleston, SC
MARITAL STATUS: Dating Josey Whitley
• Avid reader.
• Is incredibly good with his hands and is an amazing carpenter, metal and wood worker.
• Still has that Charleston drawl, even though it's been years since he's been back there
• Loves modern technology and has loved watching it advance throughout the years.
• Never meets an animal that he's not fast friends with. Owns a cat named Bast.
• Doesn't eat poultry, or any form of bird. Ever. At all.
• Has what could be considered an unhealthy caffeine addiction.
• Loves being outdoors and sleeps outside a lot, even if it's just on a hammock in his backyard.
• Despite his natural affinity for fire, he doesn't much care of it.
• Has a decent knowledge of herbology and knows what plants in the state are safe to eat and what they're good for.
the phoenix must burn to emerge
Mason always knew that something was different about him. He never really understood how he was different, but, he always felt different. He rarely got sick, which was a miracle in and of itself, he always had minor injuries, even when it seemed like it should be worse, and, well, he could start fires. Not with flint and steel or by rubbing sticks together, but, he could just touch something and it would go up in flames. He was pretty sure this was why his parents had left him outside of a church in rural South Carolina when he was only a couple of years old.
In fact, nobody remembers seeing his parents leaving him at the church. He wasn't there when the preacher closed up for the night and was there the next morning. He was taken to the nearest orphanage upon his discovery in Charleston. He lived a pretty normal life in the home, until the accidents started happening around the time he turned 10. He never meant for those things to happen, but, he couldn't really control them either. Most were just small fires that were easily stomped out. He never actually hurt anyone. Except for that one time. He was picked on by the older kids and one time, just once, one of the boys shirt caught on fire when Mason tried to shove him away. The boy lived but was scarred from the burns. Nobody really messed with Mason again after that, but he was ostracized from the others. He was a freak, after all.
He left the orphanage at 16, running away in the middle of the night with the few possession he had, and a pocket full of change he'd acquired over the past few months. Nobody came after him or even tried looking for him. The freak was gone, really nobody cared. Especially not after one of the abandoned buildings on the property went up in a blaze one day. He really hadn't meant for that to happen. It could never really be proven that he'd been the cause, but everyone knew. That was when he started grabbing any and every bit of change he could. It wasn't much, but he'd be able to get a couple of meals or something. He was sure of. He didn't know where he was heading, just that he was getting as far away from Charleston, and South Carolina, as he could. So, he started West.
Even living among people that didn't know him, or his past, he still felt odd and out of place. At least there'd been no more incidents. There wasn't much of anything in any library that he'd been to that told of anyone being able to set fires without matches or any other combustible. He really was... just a freak. It wasn't until the incident on his 20th birthday that he really started to get answers about things. He was working at an oil field in Texas when a fire broke up and caused an explosion. Three people were said to have been killed, Mason being one of those three. Some claimed it to be a miracle when the young man crawled from the wreckage of the rig completely unscathed and only a little dirty. Some claimed it sabotage. One small group recognized what it truly was and before any one of the people that thought Mason was guilty of something (something he actually didn't do), the leader of the small coven had hurried down to Texas and talked him into coming with her, with promises of answers. So, he did. All but disappearing from the face of the planet, mostly staying in the house of the small coven's leader, in a small house on the coast of Charleston, SC. He never thought he'd return there, but, there he was.
He was given all the answers he could ever have hoped for, with the exception of who his parents were. He finally knew why he had always felt so different. It took them a little research to confirm their initial thoughts, but he soon learned he was a Phoenix. And with a little help, he was able to control the fire. That was probably the best of all, really. Knowing that he couldn't, unintentionally, hurt somebody again. Not that finally learning something about what he was was horrible, but, still. Not hurting people was important. He stayed with the small coven, learning what he could from them about his kind and even picking up a little bit of herbology knowledge. He didn't want to know anything else, but, learning about the different plants and what could be done with them seemed to be pretty handy.
He eventually moved out of the small house, though he stayed close by to help the family whenever they needed it. He is still close to the family that brought him back to the area. He lives in the same house that he'd built all those years ago with his girlfriend, their cat, and their dog.
• Has a 500 to 1000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again.
• A Phoenix can incinerate anyone/anything with a single touch, their ability is so strong, they can reduce a whole man to ashes in seconds.
• Phoenixes are among the strongest and most durable of creatures, they are quite powerful, and almost impossible to kill. They can only be killed by a weapon specifically meant to kill them. A phoenix can also give up his own life force to kill more powerful beings (ie: deities, archangels, major demons).
• Their tears have healing properties and can cure most diseases and can heal fatal wounds. They canNOT bring people back from the dead, however.
TIME ZONE: Central
CONTACT: ooc or any of the below.
PB: Cody Christian
Custom, IM, Thread friendly. 30+ years old, been doing this a long time. FTB/play it out/whatever.